As spring clips along, foaling seems to pick up speed. Newborn horses arrive at many farms, keeping equine breeders busy.
At the same time, the season may spell a new stage in development for last year’s crop of foals.
Is your yearling willingly wearing a halter and gaining compliance with leading?
If not, it’s probably time to start practicing. That lanky and leggy lad (or lass) is likely ready for some serious ground training.
Maybe it’s time to clean and stow that foal halter for the next youngster to wear.
Yearling halters are designed especially for those spirited and ever-growing one year olds.
Take a look at these yearling halter options:
- Hamilton 1" Yearling Turnout Halter
- 1/4" Double Braid Polyester Yacht Rope Halter for Yearling Horse
- Rose America 48214 BMB Premium Yearling Horse Halter
- Tough 1 Nylon Padded Yearling Horse Halter with Satin Hardware
- Weaver Leather Yearling Draft Horse Halter Black With Sand Stripe
The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year. Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!
Yearling in Halter
by Turkmen Stud Farm
Blog series graphics created by this user
Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.