What is an anthelmintic?
An anthelmintic is a product that kills or expels parasites (usually worms). Generally, anthelmintics target intestinal parasites, particularly in equines.
Worming pastes, pellets and similar products are anthelmintics. (Occasionally, the word may also be spelled as anthelminthic.)
The word “anthelmintic” is likely derived from two Greek words:
Anti = against
Helminth = worm
Here are some of the most popular varieties of anthelmintics used to treat horses.
- 12-Pack Ivermectin Dewormer Paste for Horses
- Apple Flavored De-Worming Rotation Kit (3-way)
- Equimax Dewormer Paste for Horses
- Ivermectin Dewormer Paste
- Panacure Horse Dewormer Paste
- Pfizer Strongid Dewormer Paste
- Premium Annual Equine Deworming Kit
- Quest Moxidectin Gel Wormer
- Quest Plus Equine Wormer
- Safeguard Horse Wormer
- Vetrimec Paste
- Zimecterin (Ivermectin) Paste
The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year. Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!
Created by this user
Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.