Sweet! Warmer days are finally here. Equestrians tack up mounts and step outside to ride under sunny skies. Horses play happily in pastures and turnouts.
The sweaty season will soon start, and salt blocks will appear in horse stalls.
Here are a few salt and mineral block choices.
- 100% Natural Himalayan Rock Salt with 36" Rope
- 2 Pk-Carrot Barn Blocks
- Himalayan Rock Salt Block
- Horsemen's Pride Salt Block on Rope for Horses
- Sturdy Steed Peppermint Horse Block
- Sturdy Steed-Horse Block - Apple Flavor
- Talisker Bay Rock Salt Lick
And a few salt / mineral block holders:
- Fortiflex Salt Block Pan Black
- Intrepid International Horseshoe Salt Block Holder
- Little Giant SB1 4-Pound Wire Salt Block Holder
- Miller Manufturing Co. Universal Block Holder
- Perri's Salt Block Holder, Stainless Steel
Some horse owners like the basic salt blocks (usually placing them in wire racks or special tubs), while others prefer fancy Himalayan rock salts or sticky mineral tubs.
Whatever the choice, these products are particularly important during warmer months, when horses tend to perspire more than in winter.
alt and electrolyte replacement become critical on hotter days. Got salt blocks?
The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year. Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!
JPC Himalayan Salt Lick
Product photo – fair use
Blog series graphics created by this user
Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.