Overalls have been farm fashion staples for generations. But these bibbed garments have come and gone and come and gone many times for off-the-farm wear.
From Oshkosh to Oakland, Ocala to Old El Paso, overalls are de rigueur for farm work.
Some folks even wear overall shorts, which are usually hemmed, rolled, or fringed. Technically, those might be called shortalls.
Gotta admit it: I've been known (over the years) to pull on a set of baggy overalls atop my white full-seat dressage breeches at a horse show or two.
Here are a few current choices for overalls, including options for men, women and kids:
- Carhartt Men's Unlined Sandstone Bib Overall
- Carhartt Men's Washed Denim Bib Overall
- Carhartt Women's Denim Bib Overall, Faded Blue Indigo
- Dickies Men's Denim Rigid Bib Overalls, Indigo Blue
- Dickies Women's Denim Bib Overall, Blue Denim
- Levi's Baby-Boys Infant Overall with Snappy Tape
- OshKosh Boys Hickory Stripe Mechanic Tint Shortall
- Walls Liberty Youth Washed Denim Bib Overalls
Are overalls back in style? Or are they simply functional for farm wear?
Opine below on overalls!
The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year. Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!
Oshkosh Teddy Bear product photo
Blog series graphics
created by this user
Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.