Horsemen have knotted ropes into halters for centuries. Know how? Try these how-to books for making rope tied halters:
- How to Make a Rope Halter for Cattle, Horses, Sheep, and Other Forms of Livestock, by Oregon State University Extension Services
- Halter Tying Made Simple, by Columbia Basin
- Step By Step: How to Tie a Basic Rope Horse Training Halter (Step-By-Step Natural Horsemanship), by Kari Newman
- How to make an adjustable rope halter and tie useful knots, by Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Halter-tying success: A step-by-step guide to making hand-tied, rope halters for horses, by Diane Longanecker
Of course, plenty of equine pros remind horse lovers to remove rope halters for turnout or stabling.
The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year.
Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!
Kensington Rope Halter
Product photo – fair use
Blog series graphics created by this user
You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.