Saturday

Bits on Books


Bits on Books
(posted for the A to Z Challenge)

B is for Books.

What is your favorite horse book?

Do you love classic equine stories like Misty and Black Beauty? Or are you more likely to pick up a highlighter and pore over the latest release from your favorite equestrian clinician?

At this moment, I am midway through Secretariat: The Making of a Champion, by William Nack. I admit it. I’ve read this one before, but I decided to revisit this volume after attending an advance screening of the Disney film last fall.

Perhaps each horse lover has his or her own shelf of treasured works. My equine library includes how-to’s and horsey stories.

Here are several horse book reviews I have published recently:


Image:
Child Reading
By Lilla Cabot Perry
Public Domain – Copyright Expired
 
Related Items:

2 comments:

  1. Misty was my absolute favorite growing up. I don't have many on the shelf now since no longer have the horses, but a good reference book I enjoyed was Horsekeeping on Small Acreage (or something like that).

    ReplyDelete