Bits on Books
(posted for the A to Z Challenge)
B is for Books.
What is your favorite horse book?
Do you love classic equine stories like Misty and Black Beauty? Or are you more likely to pick up a highlighter and pore over the latest release from your favorite equestrian clinician?
At this moment, I am midway through Secretariat: The Making of a Champion, by William Nack. I admit it. I’ve read this one before, but I decided to revisit this volume after attending an advance screening of the Disney film last fall.
Perhaps each horse lover has his or her own shelf of treasured works. My equine library includes how-to’s and horsey stories.
Here are several horse book reviews I have published recently:
- Book Review: Beyond the Homestretch: What I’ve Learned from Saving Racehorses, by Lynn Reardon
- Book Review: Bubba Goes National
- Book Review: Half-Broke Horses, by Jeannette Walls
- Book Review: Horse Lover's Daily Companion: 365 Days of Inspiration for Living a Joyful Life with Your Horse, by Audrey Pavia
- Book Review: Playing with Lukas, by Karen Murdock
- Book Review: Sometimes a Woman Needs a Horse, by Betsy Talcott Kelleher
- Book Review: Totally Buzzed: A Miller Sisters Mystery, by Gale Borger
By Lilla Cabot Perry
Public Domain – Copyright Expired