Sunday

Can’t Quit

Can’t Quit
(posted for the A to Z Challenge)

Q is for Quitting … but not so quick!

What’s a silly diagnosis, when horses are waiting to play?

Quitting is for … well, quitters. 
Image:
G-man and Me
Photo by Ray
For Nickers and Ink
Copyrighted.


A pesky nuisance (namely, a neurological disorder) is supposed to sideline me from riding, but I’m not giving in so easily. Sure, it wreaks havoc on my equilibrium, depth perception and overall balance in the saddle.

OK, so I’ve had multiple physicians warn me not to fall off a horse, especially on my head.

Maybe I’m not as game a rider as I used to be, but I’m still mounting up. Those horses won’t ride themselves!

Neurology, be darned. Horseback riding is keeping me in my right mind. (And, yep, that’s precisely where the sticky spot is.) Besides, the exercise, fresh air and animal interaction are good for both body and soul.

Pass me those reins. I’m not quitting any time soon.

Image:
Me and My Mac
Photo by D.Zeit
For Nickers and Ink
Copyrighted.
Related Items:
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment