June 5th is National Trails Day 2011
Let’s get out there!
Saturday, June 5th, is National Trails Day in the United States. Let’s take a hike. Better yet, how about a trail ride?
National Trails Day was started by the American Hiking Association. U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama has endorsed the energetic occasion, promoting the event through her “Let’s Move Outside” campaign against childhood obesity.
Who cares if you eat like a horse?
Just saddle up and ride! It’s National Trails Day. Grab your saddle, cell phone and water bottle. Don’t forget the riding safety helmet and fly spray. We’re off.
Are ya comin’, or what?
- 10 Key Safety Preparations for Equestrian Trail Riding
- 10 Tips for Training for Equestrian Endurance Riding
- Endurance Trail Riding Gear
- Getting Ready for Horseback Riding: First Time in the Saddle
- Trail Riding Etiquette: 20 Courtesy Tips for Equestrians
- Use Your Head! Choosing a Safety Helmet for Horseback Riding
- Wisconsin DNR offers 8 trail etiquette pointers for equestrians