Friday

Goody Two-Shoes


Goody Two-Shoes


(The origins of this story are unknown, but it goes something like this.)

Two proud stallions were bickering (rather than nickering) in the show barn.

“I must admit, you are the closest I have ever seen to my own level of excellence,” the first stallion said. “Still, my overall confirmation is much better. My legs are straighter, and that counts for a lot in the show ring.”

The second horse stood up as tall as he could, puffed out his chest and responded. “Maybe your legs are straighter, but mine a naturally strong and straight. Everyone knows you have had thousands of dollars of corrective shoeing. Your foals will inherit the legs you were born with, not your highly skilled farrier.”

The first horse snorted and said, “You’re right. I stand corrected.”




Love poetry? Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink. Do you adore horses? Check out the content from the National Equestrian Examiner.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment