Tuesday

Royalty - Spoilty

(For HEADS or TAILS - #41 – “royal” and Two for Tuesdays “All I Remember is How I Forgot”)


When loving a horse and counting the cost, All I remember is how I forgot. (L.A.N.)


Royalty – Spoilty

My boy looks beautiful in blue,
Though he’s a royal pain; it’s true.
He’ll jump the moon
To any tune,
But every month he’ll lose a shoe.

My boy is handsomest in teal,
This color lights his orbs of steel.
In indigo
He’s apropo,
But turquoise does his light reveal.

In cobalt, cornflower or ice,
My boy is dashing, ultra-nice.
His shining mane
Almost profane,
Is every filly’s paradise.

Blue halters, sheets and saddle pad
Make him a stylishly dressed lad.
He fairly gleams
With color schemes,
As gallant as Sir Galahad.

My boy looks beautiful in blue,
Though he’s a royal pain; it’s true.
He stole my scene
And all my green,
To leave my statements all past due.


Related items:

Eating on the Fly

Halter – Skelter

His Perfect Passion

Horseplay at the Fair

Horsing Around

It’s a Wild Ride

Pasture Pals

Sojourners

Standing Room Only

True Colors

Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts!

Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!

Add to Technorati Favorites

11 comments:

  1. Love the poem and the pics! Great HoT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's lovely! And the poem is fun! Great HOT post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem and picture, too! I like the way you went with the idea of royal. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I would love to live somewhere where I could have horses. They are beautiful animals. I use to ride when I was young.

    Great HoT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great poem dedicated to a beautiful horse!!!!

    Welcome to Heads Or Tails. I've just added you to the blogroll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poem and beautiful horse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful horse! and the poem describes him so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great name for a horse, and lovely poem too :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome idea for the post! Kudos on a supreme use of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish that I could have a horse (and will board one at some point if I can find a place that takes extra-special care).

    I have ridden before. I am planning to take riding lessons at an equestrian school.

    Your poem was very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete