Wednesday

Borrowed Phrasings

Borrowed Phrasings

I lost my dear mare a few days ago ... and I am (for once) without words.

Here are some classic borrowed phrasings, known as "The Rainbow Bridge for Horses."

Anyone who has ever said goodbye to a much-loved horse may be familiar with "The Rainbow Bridge for Horses," but the words may touch us all nonetheless. A friend included this sweet poem in a handwritten card, which touched my heart.

You can find the poem online and read it, if you wish.



Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Features' Pets - National Pet Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Equestrian Examiner - Madison and More on Facebook.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear!
    I am instantly teary and sorrowful in my heart for this news. Please know I am praying for your heart ache to soften and good memories and good tiding to flow instead.
    I am so sorry~
    I dare not ask..as your timing will be just that. I still can not talk about loosing my Elsie cat a couple months ago..and it makes me think of the wreak I shall be when My lovely mare is with her, and yours too.
    Oh, so sorry, really...((((hugs))))
    from me,
    KK

    ReplyDelete