The Mane Point
Has Won the Honest Scrap Award
In turn, The Mane Point chooses to honor the following blogs with this prize:
Here are the rules, if you have been chosen:
1) Write a post (on your own blog), announcing that you have received the Honest Scrap award. Be sure to mention The Mane Point, the blog that conferred the Honest Scrap Award upon you. (Include the http link for The Mane Point as well.) Add the Honest Scrap Award graphic. (Right-click, and save it to your computer, or grab the image http.)
2) Choose at least seven blogs that you admire. List these (with links) in your Honest Scrap Award blog entry.
3) Visit the blogs you have selected, and leave comments to let the bloggers know you have chosen to honor them with the Honest Scrap Award. Include a link to your blog post in each comment. (Click here for instructions on making simple active-links for blog comments.)
4) Visit the blog that offered you the Honest Scrap Award, and leave a comment with a link to your post.
5) List ten honest things about yourself. Try to have fun with this one, and include facts others may not already know about you.
6) Display the Honest Scrap Award proudly on your blog sidebar.
Here are my ten fun facts:
1. I have fallen off a horse just once in my life.
2. On my favorite camping trip ever, we tied our horses outside our tent for the night.
3. My favorite place on earth is out in the yearling pasture.
4. If I don’t get dirty, I haven’t been to the barn.
5. I won the Grand Champion ribbon in my very first horse show. (It’s been pretty anticlimactic ever since.)
6. When I jump, I let our trusty thoroughbred do most of the driving. (I usually grab his mane and try my best to stay out of his way.)
7. I have never lost money at the track. (Of course, I haven’t won all that much, either, and it’s been years since I tried.)
8. My favorite saddle is a deep-seated Passier Grand Gilbert.
9. My young paint horse can pick out my footsteps in the aisle from fifty paces away, and he can usually tell if I am packin' produce.
10. I share every apple with an equine friend or two.
Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink. Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.
Throughout 2009, please join us at The Heart of a Ready Writer, a Bible reading and devotional blog, as we read through the entire Bible in chronological order.