Posted for a variety of prompts:
Camera Critters (photo/s)
Easy Street Prompts (“grace” – see poem, below)
Friday Flash-55 (55 words – see poem, below)
Wordless Wednesday – Friday edition (photo/s)
Photos c2008 by Nickers and Ink.
Sometimes, a day at the stables just seems somehow charmed. These are the days of which horse people dream. Better than a championship horse show, these are the moments we cherish most.
This was such a day, filled with wonderful horsey happenings and firsts:
Try to imagine, in a single day . . .
5. Five horses standing politely for the farrier
4. Four horses working correctly and soundly
3. Three young horses leading politely into the barn
2. Two young horses loading uneventfully into a horse trailer for the first time
1. One young horse completing his first trail ride with confidence and pride
Occasionally, new frontiers
Astonish us, as grace appears.
Two colts with pluck
March into truck,
Displaying boldness without fears.
That afternoon, the racehorse shies,
As martingale slips o’er his eyes.
Out on the trail,
He starts to flail,
The stops, as we reorganize.
Such moments put us in our place,
As we experience pure grace.