Sunday

Let's Not Miss a Moment

Let’s Not Miss a Moment


Photo c2009 by Nickers and Ink. All rights reserved.


The Master’s Marvel –

Is Sir Spring Stunned by a Sudden Snowstorm?


Yesterday, Sir Spring had sprung.

The earth was vital, verdant, young.

He didn’t see it flip its flow

To fill the field with falling snow.


A fancy foal, he yet extolled,

Ere aging days should make him old -

“Hey, here I am!” he softly spoke.

“Why has Sir Spring gone up in smoke?”


Perhaps tomorrow we’ll make hay;

Today we’ll frolic, roll and play.

As jumbled seasons mingle here,

May we not miss a moment’s cheer.



Posted for a variety of prompts:

Easy Street Prompts (“he didn’t see it”)

Meme Express (“fancy”)

Monday Poetry Train

One Single Impression (“smoke”)

Pumping Your Muse (“more than yesterday”)

Simply Snickers (“marvel,” “master” and “miss”)

Sunday Scribblings (“aging”)

Then Sings My Soul Saturdays (“Here I Am”)

Weekend Wordsmith (“jumbled”)


Photo/s posted in response to these prompts:

Camera Critters (photo/s)

Scenic Sunday (photo/s)

Show and Tell Saturdays (photo/s)

Straight Out of the Camera (SOOC Sunday)

Thursday Challenge (photo/s)

Wordless Wednesday (any day – photo/s)


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.


Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.


Throughout 2009, please join us at The Heart of a Ready Writer, a Bible reading and devotional blog, as we read through the entire Bible in chronological order.


Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!


Add to Technorati Favorites

15 comments:

  1. Hi I just wanted to let you know that you linked up to the Friday Funny Meme and I didn't see your Friday Funny post so I've had to delete your link okay. This meme is for clean funny stories, pictures, videos etc.
    Thanks for understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is pure joy and fancy! I love it! I think Spring is playing a little trick on all of us this year!

    That foal is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your playful lines - and what a handsome horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, "THE REAL ME" -

    The link I posted on FRIDAY FUNNY actually fit your SHOW AND TELL SATURDAY, but I didn't see your post for this week.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show and TEll Saturdays was postponed till next week as I was unplugged on Friday so I moved my Funnies to SAturday and just canceled Show and Tell until next Saturday. It was a really confusing post last week you probably missed it. I will have the next theme for Show and Tell up on my blog Monday.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful use of the prompt! Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good roll in the snow could be fun, but I'd be bundling up enough to look like a "South Park" kid before I tried it ;)

    Tink *~*~*
    Getting ready for the Flower and Garden Festival

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tomorrow will be a good day to do that. Meanwhile, let's enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great scene
    looks happy in the snow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring can play tricks with the weather until Summer takes over...it can be fickle like a young colt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a most enjoyable read .. and I concur!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photo and the poem makes me feel young at heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job. It's amazing what prompts can uncover within our muse!

    Love the photos, too!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete