Wednesday

Drawing Forth

Posted for a variety of prompts: Hump Day Humor (“surprise”), Inspire Me Thursday (“healing”), Meme Express (“Reunions”), Simply Snickers (“stand” and “still”) and Slice of Life (“Writer’s Choice”).

Drawing Forth
(Thankful Lines for a Friend's Designs)

(for artme)


My playful horse inspires me, true,
But never quite as much as you.
An artful friend with gifted skill,
You raised me from the run-of-mill.

Your rearing horse, in ink and paint,
With untamed mane and no restraint,
Appeared within my box today.
“Hey, you’ve got mail!’ I heard it say.

I fairly nickered as I saw
The little equine you did draw.
And inspiration filled my heart
To view your thoughtful work of art.

This sweet surprise did heal my mind,
Which I had left three steps behind.
Thus reunited with my soul,
My thoughts stood still and became whole.

For childlike visions are the best.
Our equine dreams are fully blessed.
And as the horse lifts high his hooves,
Your act of love my spirit moves.

Related Items:

Dream of Flying

Flowerpot Fun

Give Your Horse a Hand

Great Gifts for Horse Lovers

Know Your Talents

Low Maintenance

Mural Mayhem

Pretty Is as Pretty Does

Thanks for Sharing


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.

Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!

Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem for a beautiful surprise gift! You are amazing! Thanks for sharing two posts with us at Hump Day Humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is touching and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete